What Is Osteopathy?
An Osteopathic Manual Practitioner (OMP) specialises in the treatment of the musculoskeletal system. OMP’s believe that the body can heal itself if the right combination of manual techniques such as Massage and the Manipulation of Muscles, Joints, Ligaments and Tendons are used to bring the body back to a comfortable state.
OMP’s take a case history of each patient. They observe how the patient’s body functions while they are sitting, standing and lying down, as well as physically examine the patient by using palpation to determine which areas of the body are healthy and which are in pain.
An OMP also observes the Spine, Shoulders and determines if the Pelvis is balanced. During the initial consultation, the OMP will create a treatment plan for the patient.
Common Conditions Manual Osteopaths Treat
Osteopathic Manual Practitioners can treat a variety of conditions such as:
- Joint Pain (Foot, Ankle, Knee, Hip, Shoulder, Elbow)
- Back and Neck Pain
- Tennis Elbow
- Postural Issues
- Sports Injury
- Digestive Issues
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI)
- Menstrual Problems
- Pregnancy Problems
Benefits Of Osteopathy Treatment?
An Osteopathic Manual Practitioner will focus on the Joints, Muscles, and Spine. Treatment aims to positively affect the body’s nervous, circulatory system, and lymphatic systems.
- Osteopathy uses a drug-free, non-invasive form of manual medicine that focuses on the health of the whole body, not just the injuries
- Osteopathic intervention can help treat arthritis, back pain, headaches, tennis elbow, digestive issues, and postural problems
- Treatment can also assist with sleep cycles and the nervous, circulatory, and lymphatic symptoms
- Decrease of tension in the body
- Reduce pain in muscles
- Support of spinal posture
- Increase of blood circulation and healing
- Improvement of joint mobility
Interested in Osteopathy at Evolve? Give us a call or click on Book Now!